Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Sloppy Joes

As lent was approaching, I decided that I would give up red meat from Ash Wednesday to Easter.  That being said, I have a freezer full of beef and venison.  I will be cooking a lot of chicken in the next 40 days so I wanted to have one last day of beef.  I decided to make home made Sloppy Joes.  I have been meaning to share this recipe for a few days now but kept getting sidetracked.  So here it is, finally! 

1 tbs oil
Medium onion, chopped
1 lb Ground Beef
BBQ sauce or Ketchup
Yellow Mustard
Worcestershire sauce

Saute the onion in the oil, brown the meat, drain.
Combine the BBQ/K, Mustard, and Worcestershire to make a sauce.  Amounts of each depend on the flavor you are looking to get.  
Add the sauce to meat and simmer for 5 minutes.

Serve in Hamburger buns.

I chose to serve mine over dinner rolls because that is what I had in my pantry.  The sauce came out a but vinegary for my taste but that is why we experiment (I used a vinegar based BBQ sauce, next time I will try a different one).  It tasted much better the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment