Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Post Op

As some of y'all may remember, I had surgery on Monday.  Nothing major, fairly routine to be honest, but surgery none the less.  This was my first surgery EVER so I was extremely nervous.  Everything went fine and I am recovering nicely.

Now for the rough part... having/recovering from surgery with no help at home.  My mother was able to come down to take me to and from the hospital, but she had to get home as soon as I was back to my house.  My baby sister was supposed to come down to take my son to school but she canceled last minute so he got to miss school, for the first time, and hang out at the hospital with my mother.  So, after my surgery, I had to go back to my daily routine all by myself.  Let me tell you something, I survived.

I realize that it sounds like I am complaining but that is not the case.  I am merely trying to state that people can do more than they realize they are capable of.  When things need to get done, we will get them done.  We may move slower and utilize a few extra tools/equipment, but we can do it.

Either today or tomorrow, I have to mow the lawn.  How happy my incision will be after sitting through my entire lawn on the mower, I have no idea.  But I will tough it out because the lawn needs to get cut.  And many others would do the same, because the lawn needs to get cut even if we are not the most comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment