Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Young Love



When you hear the phrase *young love*, most people think of kids in their early teens.  In this instance, I mean 4-5 year olds.  My son has a girlfriend in his Pre-Kindergarten class.  I think it is adorable and her parents don’t seem to disagree.  Her birthday party is coming up and my son is so excited that he got invited.  This is his first invitation so it is kind of a big deal. 

I had my first boyfriend when I was in the first grade.  We sat next to each other during story time.   My husband had a crush when he was in second grade but I don’t think he had a girlfriend until much later.  At that age, all you know about relationships is that they exist and that people call each other boyfriend and girlfriend when they are very close.  

I think the best part of this whole situation tho is that my son has told me that this girl has said she loves him.  Of course this is not the *I am in love with you* kind of love but rather the *you are an amazing friend* kind of love but still, it’s too cute.  

What will be amazing is if the two of them actually end up dating in the future, the distant future.  I will have to remember these moments so that I can embarrass my son in the future.  I’m his mother, that’s my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment