Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Busy Busy Busy



It has been quite a weekend here.  Saturday morning my son and I got up early to feed the horses befor heading out.  We started our adventure getting lost on the way to a 4H tack sale.  When we finaly arrived there was a ton of stuff to look through and we made out pretty good.  Then it was off to Camillus so I could get a few hours of work in befor a birthday party for one of Eli’s classmates.  We got a bit lost on the way to the party but we made it and Eli had a blast.
 
My thought for this post stems from that busy weekend.  What do you do to get out of the house?  Do you plan trips around your kids or around yourself?  Or both?  When there is something you want to do, do you bring the kids or leave them with a sitter?  These are all questions we, as military wives, have to ask ourselves every time we are left as *single parents*.  It is particularly important for those of us that live in more rural areas. 
 
I have to plan every trip out very carefully so I am sure to hit all the locations I need in one day.  I can’t afford the time or gas money to travel to the city every day, or even every week.  I am lucky enough to work in the city once a week so I can plan shopping on that day.  But if I realize I need something from Target on Wednesday, I have to wait until Saturday to get it. 

Planning trips out just for fun rarely happens around here.  If it had not been on a Saturday, we would not have attended the birthday party.  We were fortunate enough to have 2 other things to do in the city that day so everything worked out.  Emma’s father made the comment when we got there that he wasn’t even sure I went anywhere other than the Elementary school and the Grocery store.  I politely laughed but that statement is pretty tru, I don’t realy go anywhere else.  This summer, I hope to get out to the zoo in each of our close cities (we are pretty much dead center between two cities but they are both still pretty far away).  We also have a ton of stuff to do around the farm and I want my son riding his pony all by himself befor autumn gets here.

So, what do y’all do to get out of the house?  Do the kids come along every time?  How do you plan trips?  I would love to hear stories of your adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment