Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Back To School

For our little town, school starts in just a few days.  For many this is a bitter sweet time of year.  The summer is finaly coming to a close and the kids are going to be out of the house for hours every day.  I am excited for my son to be back to formal education (we are always learning but there are many things he learns better from a teacher than from me)but I am not sure what I am going to do with all this newly found free time.

I am always working on a few projects around the house and I am a firm believer that everyone should have something in the works at all times.  This can be anything from a huge renovation to simply reading a book, and everything in between.  Having kids around can lead to taking a lot of breaks.  Fixing snacks, cleaning messes, or refereeing sibling smackdowns make finishing one chapter seem like an impossible task. 

Now that my son will be out of the house for a few hours every day, I will be able to dedicate myself wholly to finishing some of my many projects around the homestead.   I am currently working on a quilt and already have 2 more being prepared in my head.  Not to mention all the task that need to be completed around the farm.  During the summer months I do get a lot of work done outside but never as much as I would like.  The weeds we pulled from the front landscaping have been laying in the yard awaiting the rake for almost a week and the shed we are tearing down has been suspended in a state of half down for much too long.  I look forward to finally getting some things finished around here befor the snow falls.  With the weather around here, that snow could come any day now.


This is the perfect time for y’all to put some serious effort into all those projects you started in the past few months as well.  Get outside and pull those last few weeds from the garden, finally paint the shed you have been staring at since the Spring thaw, finish that book you picked up in July but still haven't read past chapter 2.  I know we will all love to take a personal day or two as soon as the school year starts but you will feel so much more accomplished when those projects finally get wrapped up.  I have yet to find something that brings the feelings of joy and satisfaction as much as completing a task all on your own (or with the help of some close friends).  So, now that we have all this free time on our hands, get out and get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment